Espada Art, LLC is seeking a talented Prototype Painter for its’ new product development team located in Los Angeles/Orange County, California.
- Ability to work with either detailed or loose design briefs; this includes the skill set to accurately translate 2D artwork on to tangible 3D models as full color painted prototypes;
- Must be able to accurately paint highly detailed statue and action figure prototypes of all sizes;
- Color matching is a must. The ability to mix and duplicate common Pantone colors or replicate color swatches and patterns consistently is essential;
- Must be clean and neat with a steady hand for small scale brush and line work;
- Must be able to study reference material and duplicate the colors and design precisely;
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and willingly accept constructive criticism;
- Must have the ability to seek additional reference material independently and immerse themselves in all projects until completion. Must also have a solid understanding of the material;
- Monitor and report workflow progress, keeping pace with delivery schedule requirements for each project, including regular progress updates to management;
- Airbrush skills is a significant plus;
- Ability to create own decals or applications is preferred but not required;
- Must have a strong attention to detail;
- All other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 4 years of professional painting experience preferred;
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator preferred;
- Must exhibit a portfolio with samples of painted three dimensional items;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner;
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention;
- Decision making ability to troubleshoot, identify viable options and problem-solve;
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work independently and work well under pressure;
- Experience working with Entertainment properties, working on traditional Toy and Collectible products (action figures, Resin Statues, etc.) preferred.
- Fluent in Japanese a major plus but not required